1. The sole basis of our beliefs is the Bible, God’s infallible written Word, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments. We believe that it was uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it was written without error. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct on which it speaks.
Deuteronomy 4:2; Psalm 19:7-9, Proverbs 30: 5-6; 1 Corinthians 2:13; Galatians 1:8-9; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Revelation 22:18-19
We accept those areas of doctrinal teaching on which, historically, there has been general agreement among all Christians.
Because of the specialized calling of our organization, we desire to allow for freedom of conviction on other doctrinal matters, provided that any interpretation is based upon the Bible alone, and that no such interpretation shall become an issue which hinders the ministry to which God has called us.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit – each of whom possess equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality.
Genesis 1:1-3; Isaiah 44:6-8; Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 12:29; John 1:1-4; Acts 5:3-4; 2 Corinthians 13:14
3. We believe in God the Father, an infinite, personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of each person, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all that come to Him through Jesus Christ.
Genesis 21:33; Exodus 33:14; 2 Samuel 24:14; Isaiah 40:28; Jeremiah 31:3; 32:17; John 4:24; Romans 5:8; 11:33-34; Ephesians 1:19-20; 1 John 5:14-15; Revelation 4:8
4. We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ the Savior, the only begotten Son of God, in His deity, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, and voluntarily atoned for the sins of mankind by dying on the cross as their substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him alone, We believe in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His continuous intercession for His people, and in His personal, visible, bodily return to earth in power and in glory to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
Matthew 24:30; Mark 8:38; Luke 1:34-35, 24:27; John 1:1-2, 14, 18, 3:16; Romans 3:23-26, 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Hebrews 4:15
5. We believe in God the Holy Spirit, the Helper and Comforter, in His daily guidance and revelation of truth, in His conviction of sin, righteousness and judgment, and in His indwelling presence at the moment of salvation, enabling believers to live Godly lives.
John 3:5-8, 14:16-17, 16:13-14; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 4:30-32, 5:18
6. We believe that mankind was originally created in the image of God. They sinned by disobeying God; thus they were alienated from their Creator. That historic fall brought all mankind under divine condemnation.
Mankind’s nature is corrupted, and therefore they are totally unable to please God. Every person is in need of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
That salvation of mankind is wholly a work of God’s free grace and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justified them in His sight.
It is the privilege of all who are born again of the Spirit to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Savior. This assurance is produced by the witness of the Holy Spirit, who confirms in the believer the testimony of God in His written word.
Every believer is called to live so in the power of the indwelling Spirit that they will not fulfill the lust of the flesh but will bear fruit to the glory of God.
John 3:5-8, 5:24; Acts 2:21; Ephesians 1:6-7, 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:23; Galatians 5:22-26
7. We believe that Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is composed of men and women, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
8. We believe that God admonishes His people to assemble together regularly for worship, for participation in ordinances, for edification through the Scriptures and for mutual encouragement.
Hebrews 10:25; Luke 22: 17-19; 1 Thess. 4:18
9. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. At physical death the believer enters immediately into eternal, conscious fellowship with the Lord and awaits the resurrection of their body to everlasting glory and blessing. The unbeliever enters immediately into eternal, conscious separation from the Lord and awaits the resurrection of their body to everlasting judgment and condemnation.
Luke 16:19-26; 2 Corinthians 5:8; Philippians 1:23; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9; Revelation 20:11-15
10. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to disciple people of every nation. The fulfillment of that Great Commission requires that all worldly and personal ambitions be subordinated to a total commitment to “Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.”
Matthew 28: 18-20; Ephesians 5:2
Note: Thanks to Christian Union for sharing this page http://www.christianunion.org
The Oaks Ministry is a Pa non-profit corporation, with its own 501c3 tax exempt status from the IRS. Oversight is provided by a Christian Board of Directors from the community and surrounding areas.